Strategy consulting: positioning, market entry strategy and international expansion
The company was going to introduce frozen food such as smoothies, soups, ice cream to the German market.
500.000 euro (source: dnb.com – estimated)
The brand concept consists of a range of healthy and nutritionally balanced frozen food delivered directly to the customer that can be prepared in 10 minutes.
- Sustainable on every level
- Highest quality, locally sourced ingredients
- Use of advanced freezing technologies
- Easily accessible: fast delivery and preparation.
12 different types of smoothies, each with 6 different ingredients, proportioned by a nutritionist.
The company received guidance on the following issues:
- Branding (name and brand positioning)
- Identification, analysis and positioning against competition
- Analysis of differentiating factors in terms of supply and demand
- Market entry, distribution and international expansion strategy
- Cost optimisation
In our analysis we have considered the following:
- Specific consumer target groups
- The ability of the company to compete with different brands (e.g. the private brand of the Edeka retail chain)
- Limitations and strengths of the company
- Compatibility of the product with consumers in targeted each country
- Consumer priorities according to product and distribution environment
International expansion strategy
Recommendations for each stage of enlargement were provided in the international enlargement strategy. They have been considered:
- The culture, country and consumer profile
- The opportunities for standardization or the need to adapt to each country
- The demand and the costs involved